Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
How do you get videos onto the iPod without purchasing them through Apple? I have a Mac running OS X, so I would appreciate any help with this. I have a lot of videos on my computer, and I don't wnat to purchase any through Apple. Thanks in advance.

strydr

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2005
SoCal
spencecb said:
How do you get videos onto the iPod without purchasing them through Apple? I have a Mac running OS X, so I would appreciate any help with this. I have a lot of videos on my computer, and I don't wnat to purchase any through Apple. Thanks in advance.

If you have QT7 Pro, you can export to iPod (format), then just drop it into iTunes, and sync your iPod. If no QT7P, then try FFMPEGX, that has a export to iPod feature too.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I never been able to get ffmpegx to work. I am stuck watching lame video podcasts on my ipod. Anyone know of any other free ipod video converters that are good out there? I tried iSquint as well and still no dice. I feel like the only way to get video on these things is through iTMS, which is probably what Apple was hoping or to force me to get QT Pro.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh...

iDM said:
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I never been able to get ffmpegx to work. I am stuck watching lame video podcasts on my ipod. Anyone know of any other free ipod video converters that are good out there? I tried iSquint as well and still no dice. I feel like the only way to get video on these things is through iTMS, which is probably what Apple was hoping or to force me to get QT Pro.

Handbrake for ripping from DVDs, iSquint or MoviesonmyiPod for everything else...they both work equally well. iSquint can handle avi files too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.