Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daisy chain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Hi
I wondered if anyone can help me, i purchased the old school game Black & White for mac but when i try to install it it says:

you can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete.

I have a Macbook Air, is there no way of me installing this older game?

thanks

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi
I wondered if anyone can help me, i purchased the old school game Black & White for mac but when i try to install it it says:

you can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete.

I have a Macbook Air, is there no way of me installing this older game?

thanks

Black & White 1 requires a CD/DVD drive to play. It is also not Intel native so you will need to have 10.6.8 or earlier) AFAIK.

Contact our support for details.

Edwin

Daisy chain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Hi thanks for the replies, its not downloaded it is on a disk and i have a disk drive that works, the disk icon appears and then when i double click the 'install black and white' icon it then says "you can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete".

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi thanks for the replies, its not downloaded it is on a disk and i have a disk drive that works, the disk icon appears and then when i double click the 'install black and white' icon it then says "you can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete".

The error is likely because you have a newer OS. To quote our support site:

"Please note, Black & White will not work on OS X Lion 10.7 or later, regardless of whether or not you install this update."

http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-games/blackwhite/updates/

So make sure you have 10.6.8 or older before you try and install.

Edwin

Mzrizza

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2014
The error is likely because you have a newer OS. To quote our support site:

"Please note, Black & White will not work on OS X Lion 10.7 or later, regardless of whether or not you install this update."

http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-games/blackwhite/updates/

So make sure you have 10.6.8 or older before you try and install.

Edwin

I have a question...I have mac OS X 10.6.8 I successfully downloaded the game. But when I try to open it I get a message saying "black and white could not initialize the display on this machine. Please switch to an 800x600 resolution and try again."

I do so and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Please I love this game and would love to play it again!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I have a question...I have mac OS X 10.6.8 I successfully downloaded the game. But when I try to open it I get a message saying "black and white could not initialize the display on this machine. Please switch to an 800x600 resolution and try again."

I do so and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Please I love this game and would love to play it again!

Sounds like a bug with the graphics drivers, flip the "Colours" option on the pre game panel to Millions from Thousands and try again.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.