Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peter2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2002
Dallas, TX
Was Hitler gay? Well, we'll find out soon. Several biopics by the major TV networks will be debuting soon.

"The thrust of the documentary looks at the body of evidence that in his early life, Hitler was, in all possibility, gay," said Fenton Bailey, co-director of the program with Randy Barbato. Bailey and Barbato are co-founders of World of Wonder.

An abridged 49-minute version of the documentary aired on the United Kingdom's Channel 5 in November with the title "Is Hitler Gay?" The full 75 minutes are expected to air on HBO with either the new title "The Pink Fuhrer," the original British title or a combination of both.

It's just a mattter of time before Miramax buys this story for a feature film. Who would star as the young gay Hitler, Ben Affleck or Brad Pitt?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...0109/en_bpihw/hitler_s_sexuality_is_hbo_topic

Pete :D

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Well, a band called Spunkadilly from Huntsville, AL has a song called Hitler in Pink Tights. Could they have been on to something? Or are folks looking for new ways to view him as a demon? (Not that gays are demons, but some folks choose to believe they are...)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I've been hearing about this theory for a few months... To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me... for some reason a lot of influential people in history have been gay, but hitler is considered the worst human ever to live... so i try to convince people that he wasn't. Too many people would just use it as fuel for the anti-gay fire... People are quick to deny Leonardo DaVinci, Elanor Roosevelt, Amelia Earheart (sp), about a thousand famous poets and writers, etc are gay, but those same people would be quick to say that hitler "choosing" to be gay just proves it's evil...

Fred Phelps has been touting this as fact for a while... but then he does more good for the cause than bad, so we ignore it...

i can honestly say Hitler is the one famous person i *don't* want proven gay...

macfan

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2003
i can honestly say Hitler is the one famous person i *don't* want proven gay...

:lol: Don't sweat it. So what if Hitler was gay? There's not going to be proof one way or another, just speculation. Stalin wasn't gay, and he was just as bad if not worse.

For the very reason that people like Hitler might have been gay themselves, and (if one is opposed) that many with great contributions to society have been gay, to support or oppose being gay or straight based on famous people who are gay or straight is a prettly dangerous argument to make since there are gay guys like these.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/boymurder010418.html

...and straight guys like this:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/westerfield_vandam_verdict.html

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa

Good call. I think the gay ones get more attention, i mean there's so much graphic detail in the child-rape case, but the vandam case doesn't go into nearly the detail... i hate those sons-of-bitches, why they dont seek mental health to begin with is beyond me.

i once heard a black comedian saying that whenever there was a serial killer in the news, black people everywhere were like "please don't be black, PLEASE don't be black"... its the same way with gay people, and everyone remembers Jeffrey Dahmer, no one remembers the lipstick killer or hell even 10 dowling street...

its kind of sick that people use these events to further their own cause, be it homophobic or racist or religious or whatever. Maybe if they spent that much time and energy on making sure the crimes didn't happen again, the world would be a better place...

anyway, the topic was gay hitler. It takes people 60 years to realize this? look at his mustache...

pnw

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Good God. Damned if you are and damned if you ain't, eh? Bad if he's gay and bad if he isn't? PLEASE! It's amazing what they'll try and prove these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.