Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the release of OS X 10.9.3, an update to iTunes, and a revamped Podcasts app, Apple has also debuted a new version of the iTunes Connect app for developers, which includes an iOS 7-style overhaul.

Designed to allow developers to access sales data on their iOS devices, iTunes Connect has been completely redesigned in the first update that it has received since October of 2012.

itunesconnect.jpg
Along with a new look, the iTunes Connect app now allows developers to access music, movies, and TV shows they have released on the App Store, in addition to apps and e-books.
iTunes Connect has been completely redesigned to make it even easier to manage your products. In addition, you can now use the iTunes Connect app to access the music, movies, and TV shows you have made available on the iTunes Store.
iTunes Connect can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: iTunes Connect for iOS Updated With iOS 7 Redesign

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I don't even use this app, but, really, after almost a year, an app from Apple gets the iOS 7 look, I would think that whenever a major update like this is going to happen, they would have all of their apps with the new look and not wait a year.

cymerc

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
I don't even use this app, but, really, after almost a year, an app from Apple gets the iOS 7 look, I would think that whenever a major update like this is going to happen, they would have all of their apps with the new look and not wait a year.

You obviously don't know how much work software development is... :rolleyes:

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
What does this app do?

It is a way for members of the iOS Developer Program and Mac Developer Program to edit their app descriptions and metadata, view finances etc. iTunes Connect is also used for book publishers to sell their books in Apple's iBookstore.

cymerc

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Maybe for a guy like you sitting in your desk can take a year to update an app, but for Apple, that's just not right.

I would agree if Apple's only app were this one. I would also agree if I knew that this app had a dedicated team/developer who's full time job was this app. The former is for sure not true, and I'm willing to bet the latter is also false.

Apple has many many software products and only so many engineers. You have to prioritize.

attila

macrumors 6502a
The most important numbers are white text on bright green background?!

The old app was awful, but at least you could read the data!

Apple, seriously, get your design ***** together!

----------

Maybe for a guy like you sitting in your desk can take a year to update an app, but for Apple, that's just not right.

Actually, the Remote app is developed by only one (1) Apple employee! I'm sure this has a similar situation, being vastly less prioritised.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Another boring bright white app you can use as a torch.

Most recent UX trends are pushing for the flat, clean design. The idea is to draw focus on content and process rather than being distracted 3D buttons, borders, frames, and other items.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Logged in, selected another tab, which put it into an infinite activity indicator, went back to first tab and it hung. Restarted the app and it asked for my account info again.

Yup, as rock solid as it always was. :rolleyes: *Delete*

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Most recent UX trends are pushing for the flat, clean design. The idea is to draw focus on content and process rather than being distracted 3D buttons, borders, frames, and other items.

I'm OK with that trend, but flat design doesn't require an app to be mostly whitespace with some brightly colored elements that don't contrast well with the white background.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I feel like Apps like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and tumblr do a better job at designing apps for iOS 7 than the team that designed iTunes Connect at Apple.

----------

I'm OK with that trend, but flat design doesn't require an app to be mostly whitespace with some brightly colored elements that don't contrast well with the white background.

IMO, Apple should have used a solid color in the navigation bar and more icons/images.

cicero66

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
If that screenshot is real, it looks like Apple sells 10-15k apps / day - 238.000 apps / month.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I would agree if Apple's only app were this one. I would also agree if I knew that this app had a dedicated team/developer who's full time job was this app. The former is for sure not true, and I'm willing to bet the latter is also false.

Apple has many many software products and only so many engineers. You have to prioritize.

Still, it’s kind of odd to leave an app for so long while pushing (and requiring) developers to get on board with iOS 7. It’s hypocrite almost.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
It is a way for members of the iOS Developer Program and Mac Developer Program to edit their app descriptions and metadata, view finances etc. iTunes Connect is also used for book publishers to sell their books in Apple's iBookstore.

Thanks. Usually you get destroyed for asking questions on this site

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011

I guess that's the Apple twist :D. I agree with you though, I actually **missed** some elements (where the hell did 'x' go?) because of what you described.

I think someone is going to ask me to call a doctor, but Microsoft Windows Metro UI internal apps are not bad. Now it's confusing as hell as it sometimes sends you back to classic windows desktop, but the new metro settings apps, mail apps, etc... are not bad, they are flat and well designed with good color palette.

Microsoft even uses color as an element in design; so for example, most important text is white against darker background, but other things are not as prominent. For example, the login screen asks me to input my password using white color text, but below there's a gray line of text telling me that my tablet will restart in 2 days to apply updates.

I've been cheating on my iPad with a Dell Venture 8 Pro ;)

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
It STILL sucks!

It's still much slower at loading data than the web version. And it still fails to remember my password between sessions, meaning that overall its far quicker to just go into safari and access iTunes connect via the regular web interface.

Why can't Apple get this app right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.