Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
Hello. Are there any 3rd party services that provide IMEI unlocking for T-Mobile locked iPhones?

Very expensive and take up to 20-25days. Also IMEI must be clean and needs to remain clean throughout the process.

HRPufnstuf

macrumors member
May 17, 2014
Nunya
Sorry to go off topic but. My question is why did these unlocks take such a big jump in price?
Who's getting paid off here carrier employees or Apple employees?

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Sorry to go off topic but. My question is why did these unlocks take such a big jump in price?

I wonder too. Personally I'm taking advantage of it. I have lots of family members who are entitled to 5 unlocks per year on att and they will never use it. I just sell the unlocks on eBay. In fact signing up to a contract on att just to sell unlocks is worth it.

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014

Maybe as there are more devices they can just stamp a price they want because theres no shortage of customers ? Idk.

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth

Apple never unlocks phones for anyone, process for iPhones always has to be initiated by the carrier and only the carrier.

Don't know if many of you remember but Steve Jobs had gifted a iPhone 4 to Russia president in 2010 and it was locked to AT&T....http://www.redmondpie.com/steve-job...-president-and-its-locked-with-att-till-date/

akron0488

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2013

Actually T-Mobile has always been over 100. AT&T was 99 cents for a while but those went up to over 100. They're still in the 30-50 range but the guaranteed can be done for 120 or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.