Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Neat. Will probably pick this up, especially since I have more than $100 in App Store/iTunes credit.

Aerialbot

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2014
I picked this up on the MAS shortly after it released, as always with a Feral job it's great, runs great on both my MBP 2011 and nMP. Already own it on PS3 but I like it enough to double-dip and it looks wonderful in 2560x1440. :)

Also wants to give special note to the perfect controller support. I use a Logitech F710 and it just works with no problems whatsoever. Of course this is standard for Feral games at this point, but I wanted to highlight it here because I've played a lot of Mac games lately from other devs which have had either no support for this controller or broken button mappings with no easy way to fix so it's much appreciated, especially for a game like this where a controller is basically a must-have.

Nice surprise too is Game Center support for achievements and leaderboards, cherry on top if you will.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Also wants to give special note to the perfect controller support. I use a Logitech F710 and it just works with no problems whatsoever. Of course this is standard for Feral games at this point, but I wanted to highlight it here because I've played a lot of Mac games lately from other devs which have had either no support for this controller or broken button mappings with no easy way to fix so it's much appreciated, especially for a game like this where a controller is basically a must-have.

This is the first game to get our even more advanced pad support. We now support 360 pads without the need for any third party drivers. We have also added XBONE pad support to our previous Xbox and Xbox 360 support system.

We also still support the 100+ other pads we did in previous games including the Playstation 1,2,3,4 and other models from Logitech and Thrustmaster.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
This is the first game to get our even more advanced pad support. We now support 360 pads without the need for any third party drivers. We have also added XBONE pad support to our previous Xbox and Xbox 360 support system.

We also still support the 100+ other pads we did in previous games including the Playstation 1,2,3,4 and other models from Logitech and Thrustmaster.

But if you have the 360 drivers for other games it still works, right? Seems like a dumb question, but I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers constantly if I want to bounce among the different games I have.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
But if you have the 360 drivers for other games it still works, right? Seems like a dumb question, but I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers constantly if I want to bounce among the different games I have.

Yep we have made it so you can play with or without the drivers installed the game does not care which. If you have the drivers it will use the driver support if you have no drivers it will use built in support.

Edwin

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Yep we have made it so you can play with or without the drivers installed the game does not care which. If you have the drivers it will use the driver support if you have no drivers it will use built in support.

Edwin

Excellent. Now:

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
TWe have also added XBONE pad support to our previous Xbox and Xbox 360 support system.
Freaking FANTASTIC, will the Xbone controller support rumble like the Xbox360 one does in Feral games? if yes i m buying the Xbone controller soon :p

Thanks..

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Freaking FANTASTIC, will the Xbone controller support rumble like the Xbox360 one does in Feral games? if yes i m buying the Xbone controller soon :p

Thanks..

Yes, it will rumble. Support for the XBONE will only be in new Feral games (and patches) as it needs special library support similar to the 360 that is only in our latest games.

If third party driver (Tattiebogle) adds support then older games should be able to be supported using a plugin without needing a patch. This would also allow the pad to work with other none Feral games that only have standard USB pad support. However I have no information on that open source project or their plans.

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
Yes, it will rumble. Support for the XBONE will only be in new Feral games (and patches) as it needs special library support similar to the 360 that is only in our latest games.

If third party driver (Tattiebogle) adds support then older games should be able to be supported using a plugin without needing a patch. This would also allow the pad to work with other none Feral games that only have standard USB pad support. However I have no information on that open source project or their plans.

wow that amazing, most my games are from you guys, its nice there is support for the xboxone controller in new games from your'll :cool:

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I picked this up on the MAS shortly after it released, as always with a Feral job it's great, runs great on both my MBP 2011 and nMP. Already own it on PS3 but I like it enough to double-dip and it looks wonderful in 2560x1440. :)

Nice surprise too is Game Center support for achievements and leaderboards, cherry on top if you will.

So this is a platformer. Can you compare its gameplay to similar well-known platformers?

Is it more like Super Mario Brothers? Or is it more like Prince of Persia?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
So this is a platformer. Can you compare its gameplay to similar well-known platformers?

Is it more like Super Mario Brothers? Or is it more like Prince of Persia?

More like Rayman/Mario than Prince of Persia but there is a trailer on the Feral site with some gameplay footage that might help illustrate what it's like better than my description. :)

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012

I have a question. Does your driver support force feedback with the Logitech F710 or dual shock 3/4 or does that require a xbox 360 pad with the tattiebogle driver?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I have a question. Does your driver support force feedback with the Logitech F710 or dual shock 3/4 or does that require a xbox 360 pad with the tattiebogle driver?

The logitech F710 in X mode should support force feedback. The Playstation pad does not support force feedback at this time, if it starts to support FFB on Mac then we can start supporting that feature in game.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
The logitech F710 in X mode should support force feedback. The Playstation pad does not support force feedback at this time, if it starts to support FFB on Mac then we can start supporting that feature in game.
Awesome thank you. So the F710 can be used on a Mac in x mode? For some reason I was thinking it had to be D mode

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Awesome thank you. So the F710 can be used on a Mac in x mode? For some reason I was thinking it had to be D mode

Usually yes as X-Mode needs special code to support it, however Castle Of Illusion should work great with the F710 in X mode as we have added new support for X Input pads into our libraries and COI was the first game with this in.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.