Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Is there any way to disable the notification that pops up on Apple notebooks when the battery reaches 5% or so? I am always overly conscious of the power remaining, so much to the point that the notification is almost always a bother to me (always seems to come up in the middle of me typing something or working on a project for work).

Thanks in advance. :)

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
someguy said:
Is there any way to disable the notification that pops up on Apple notebooks when the battery reaches 5% or so? I am always overly conscious of the power remaining, so much to the point that the notification is almost always a bother to me (always seems to come up in the middle of me typing something or working on a project for work).

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not sure if there is a way aside from a hack, but I do not reccommend it. I understand that you are conscious of the batter life, but there can always be a time when you forget. I think it would be a lot more annoying to have the Mac go to scleep in the middle of your work then to just pop up a little windows. All you have to do is click OK. ;)

L

Lau

Sorry, I don't know if there is a way. I find that when it gets to the low battery warning, it's just enough time to find the power cable and a socket. :) Every time I've ignored it, 10 minutes passes really quickly and it dies on me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.