Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
How do you uninstall the intellimouse software that contains the extra features for microsoft mice? I'm not familiar with how to do this in os X. I know in windows you just go to "add/remove programs" - is there something similar?

Thanks.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Unless you used a CD to install software for the mouse, which I doubt, then you don't have to/can't do anything. Tons and tons of generic drivers are built into OS X for our convenience. Welcome to one of the many, many benefits of the OS.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
I just downloaded the driver / utility install package from the microsoft.com website. Is there a way to uninstall it? I notice that in my startup items there is a microsoft mouse program and in there is a new entry in the system configuration utility for it. I'd like to know how to remove all of this.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
If you want to remove it.. I suppose you can use spotlight (cmd+spacebar) to search for microsoft and then do view all. whatever applies to the mouse you installed you can just drag into the trash and delete. That should get rid of the majority of it. However, there's no add/remove programs application on macs as far as I know of.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
Macaddicttt said:
I believe that an uninstaller for Intellipoint is included with the software package. Have you tried using Spotlight to find it?

What do you know...I used spotlight and found the intellipoint uninstaller. Ran it and everything uninstalled cleanly. Thanks for the tip!! :D

lithboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
uninstalling

in spotlight, find 'uninstall intellipoint'. that's the name of the uninstaller. enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.