Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
i am trying to back the files i have in my home folder...

i have a disk image with everything saved as of about 2 weeks ago, and i've been trying to work out if i can use spotlight to find any file created during the last two weeks in my home folder.

So far had no joy, maybe i'm just don't know where to look or what to type, but if you know how to find every file created in the week or two, please let me know!!

Thanx in advance :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You can do this most easily using the Finder interface to Spotlight.

Open a Finder window, type Command-F, and you can pick "Created", then "After", and a date you want, then finally click "Computer" in the gray bar just over those menu selections. (There are also "within last week" and "within last two weeks" selections.)

You can then use the Save button on the top right to create a smart folder that will always return the files matching your search.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
you know what?

I love OSX :)

thanx for your help iMeow, that is just what i wanted to do, and so simple.

its unbelievable how fast spotlight is at finding all the files. Trying to search for a file on the work windows computer is a job that takes long enough to get a drink and come back :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.