Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
There's not really a good sub section dedicated to this area of computing, so I thought I would post it in the "Everything Else" section. Anyone here familiar with MySQL (I think that's what I'm looking for). I'm not looking for a professional, just someone that can use it to some degree.
:D

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
There are iOS and OSX programming areas, but nothing “general”.

What’s the question? I’m reasonably familiar with mySQL (and Postgres, MS-SQL, Oracle, non-SQL options, modeling, app design/architecture, several languages/frameworks).

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
I'm not very good at it.

But I do love playing with it.

When it works, I'm all ... badda-Bing!

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
I actually may have misunderstood my objective here and MySQL is not what I'm needing to use. I'll just post up the open source software I'm wanting to use and see what skill set I'm looking for. Haha.

Thanks for the responses.

----------

There are iOS and OSX programming areas, but nothing “general”.

What’s the question? I’m reasonably familiar with mySQL (and Postgres, MS-SQL, Oracle, non-SQL options, modeling, app design/architecture, several languages/frameworks).

I'm not very good at it.

But I do love playing with it.

When it works, I'm all ... badda-Bing!

Basically, I'm looking for someone that has the ability to manipulate an existing (and finished) product that is open source and freely modifiable. I believe (I'm not really sure what I'm talking about, honestly) it should be relatively easy to do and would appropriately compensate and what not (further discussion can happen involving that), but I just can't do it.

Here's the software I'm referring to:

https://github.com/btrask/fsmash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.