Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Has anyone tried or gone this route to make an iphone app?
Since Muse exports HTML, I would think PhoneGap would be able to wrap this and make it iPhone and android compatible.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Has anyone tried or gone this route to make an iphone app?
Since Muse exports HTML, I would think PhoneGap would be able to wrap this and make it iPhone and android compatible.

In my personal experience, Phonegap is garbage. I'm currently rewriting our iPad app at work (created with Phonegap) to native because of how problematic Phonegap is.

That being said Phonegap isn't the sole problem, it's mixing more web crap into the mix (jQuery, Angular JS) that adds to the issues.

We ran into a big problem when iOS 7.1 was released. Phone gap wasn't ready for it and we couldn't compile our app. It was a guy at work who toiled like crazy to create a workaround until Phonegap updated.

Some may like Phonegap, I personally think its garbage.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Thanks for your assessment of PhoneGap.
I was hoping to find the most simplest way into building a simple app.

As a designer, I'm not big on coding. I can get by with simple HTML and CSS. Perhaps even manage jquery.
I've been looking for simple ways to generate HTML code that can then simply be wrapped and packaged for iOS. Muse, and Webflow are two that came to mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.