Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I've been searching for information on the Intel iBook's on Google and found an article on thereg about the Intel iBook's being cheaper and that it was going to be announced at the Macworld Expo last month. Did this happen? Were any specification's revealed? When can we expect to see the Intel iBook's available to buy?

Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, the Intel processor has yet to be crammed into an iBook (or equivalent) and nothing official has been said by Apple on the matter. :(

Put me down for one of the first though. Just tell me where to sign. :p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Spies said:
When can we expect to see the Intel iBook's available to buy?

There are threads stating Intel iBooks are likely to be introduced sometime in April and they are expected to have a change to the previous design. How accurate this proves to be remains to be seen ... April is close enough so the wait should not be unbearable.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
New Intel iBook next Tuesday ;)

But seriously I think we will see a new iBook (MacBook?) in April, it seems like the most likely time to release it.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
ezekielrage_99 said:
New Intel iBook next Tuesday ;)

But seriously I think we will see a new iBook (MacBook?) in April, it seems like the most likely time to release it.
next tuuesday might not be a silly guess

when's that billion song coming up ? event ?

Spies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
United Kingdom
So would this point to the new iBook being cheaper than the existing one?

As the article in the reg states "They also suggest Apple will significantly lower prices in a bid to win more buyers from the Windows world as the Mac Mini did on the desktop."

Which makes sense, they've certainly sparked my interest that's for sure.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Spies said:
As the article in the reg states "They also suggest Apple will significantly lower prices in a bid to win more buyers from the Windows world as the Mac Mini did on the desktop."

Maybe they won't be coming with screens then. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.