Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goduke06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Charleston, SC
There really hasnt been a new computer from apple in a while (1year -mac mini) and i im looking at buying a MBP and then an iMac or waiting for a powermac and i'm thinking it has been 1 and a half years since they g5 or core duo version of the imac was released how long till the new one WITH A NEW DIESIGN comes out? :confused:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
goduke06 said:
There really hasnt been a new computer from apple in a while (1year -mac mini) and i im looking at buying a MBP and then an iMac or waiting for a powermac and i'm thinking it has been 1 and a half years since they g5 or core duo version of the imac was released how long till the new one WITH A NEW DIESIGN comes out? :confused:

I guess the new 'macbook' (not pro) with a 13" widescreen will be the next big design change as far as apple are concerned.

We may see smaller Powermac towers but I doubt it..

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i think the PowerMacs, or whatever they are end up being called. Mac Pros? will have a design change as they probably won't require the type of cooling the G5 demands. but other than that, what design changes can them impliment really? the iMacs are a solid design, there isn't much you can evolve from this design to, its pretty much, function, simple, and elegant.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
i soooo wish i could get an iMac....but I'm a teenager about to go to college and about to buy an iBook (the new ones of course!)....the iMac's look sweeeeeeet and i want one so badly. if anyone wants to contribute to the poor college kid found just send me a PM lol :p

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
PlaceofDis said:
i think the PowerMacs, or whatever they are end up being called. Mac Pros? will have a design change as they probably won't require the type of cooling the G5 demands. but other than that, what design changes can them impliment really? the iMacs are a solid design, there isn't much you can evolve from this design to, its pretty much, function, simple, and elegant.

Of course, who would have thought after the G4 iMac we needed a new form factor?

The way I look at it is that the G5 iMacs have all the features you're likely to see any time soon, other than more speed and capacity/memory. I suppose an HD-DVD burner will be introduced at some point. So, other than software upgrades, you're likely to have a good, new machine for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.