Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

popsandfriends

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Hey,
Today i dropped my powerbook titanium and the video is only a faint image. I need the sun, or a flashlight to just barely make it out. I was wondering, ifthe fall jiggled the inverter card, or maybe destroyed the actual "bulb". What are my options? and whats the chance its just a jiggled inverter card cable?

Thanks,
Hunter

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
im no expert, but its probably hard to tell what happened inside the screen from just looking at it. I would recommend taking it to a professional to determine exactly what is going on

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
If the fall was more than 12" then it's a safe bet that the bulb cracked. That doesn't mean the inverter isn't also broken or loose, but there's a fair chance that you're not going to be able to tell what's wrong even after taking it apart. Spending money trying to replace things part by part is expensive if you ultimately have to have it repaired professionally.

This is all by way of saying, get someone with expertise to diagnose it for you, and then shop around for the best repair options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.