Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kidane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
someone please help!!

i had startup issues with mu powerbook not too long ago, where i couldnt turn macine on and it would stall on the grey screen w/apple and pinwheel dashes.
i had the machine wiped clean and re-programmed. everything was fine....UNTIL...

this asfternoon i went to check an email. it took forever to open up. so i walked away. when i came back there was writting all over the screen like when you do single user mode.

so i restarted and did single starter mode, and got a all systems ok, now my screen is stalled on the grey apple screen with revolving dashes.

any suggestions?!
thanx!!
kidane

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Sorry, but...

kidane said:
someone please help!!

i had startup issues with mu powerbook not too long ago, where i couldnt turn macine on and it would stall on the grey screen w/apple and pinwheel dashes.
i had the machine wiped clean and re-programmed. everything was fine....UNTIL...

this asfternoon i went to check an email. it took forever to open up. so i walked away. when i came back there was writting all over the screen like when you do single user mode.

so i restarted and did single starter mode, and got a all systems ok, now my screen is stalled on the grey apple screen with revolving dashes.

any suggestions?!
thanx!!
kidane

Sounds like a dead HD. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.