Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppc_michael

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
During Winter / Spring, it rained a lot. I kept my iPod Mini tucked away in my coat pocket. But something about the coat getting wet made the dye from the coat's pocket fabric stuff stain my iPod! So now all the white parts, like the clickwheel and top and bottom where the ports are, are an ugly brownish/yellowish color.

Is there some way I can restore it to its white goodness? (Besides buying an iPod Nano, of course, which is what I should be doing anyway ;))

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...just don't wet it too much, make sure no water gets into the iPod.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
It'd happened with the denim dye from my jeans, I just licked my finger and with some persistent rubbing it came off. You could try it.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
extraextra said:
It'd happened with the denim dye from my jeans, I just licked my finger and with some persistent rubbing it came off. You could try it.
yes, this worked for me too. maybe you could use WD-40;)? that may be overkill, though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.