Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Dallas
I am selling my imac g5 on ebay and I am curious as to what I should offer and expect in regard to pricing. It is an awesome computer that I upgraded to 2gb of ram. 250gb, 2ghz with aperture, ms office, ilife 06, iwork 06, photoshop cs1, quicktime pro amongst other things. Everything is owned software, not pirated, stolen etc. It is is in flawless condidtion, with a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse also in the same condition. It has Tiger 10.4.7 and all the pixels are alive and well. It is however, the imac g5 that was released right before apple switched to intel, so it does not have intel inside. literally. Legitimately, what should I expect with these components and this computer? Any help would be definately appreciated. I may even name my first born after you.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
$2400 is more that a new iMac, did you ship all that software with it? If you did not then it not worth it and some poor sucker got robbed, robbed really bad. But if all the disk etc got ship with it then wow what a deal, and I think it was worth it. BTW if you did not ship the license and disk then the buyer has pirated software.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
goodwill said:
I am selling my imac g5 on ebay and I am curious as to what I should offer and expect in regard to pricing. It is an awesome computer that I upgraded to 2gb of ram. 250gb, 2ghz with aperture, ms office, ilife 06, iwork 06, photoshop cs1, quicktime pro amongst other things. Everything is owned software, not pirated, stolen etc. It is is in flawless condidtion, with a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse also in the same condition. It has Tiger 10.4.7 and all the pixels are alive and well. It is however, the imac g5 that was released right before apple switched to intel, so it does not have intel inside. literally. Legitimately, what should I expect with these components and this computer? Any help would be definately appreciated. I may even name my first born after you.

If it's 2GHz (not 2.1GHz) then it's a revision B, which is *not* the one that was released before the Intels came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.