Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Looking to get some speakers for my iBook, which of these should i go with? I'm a college student, gonna be using these for music. while i've heard good things about both, some reviews of the logitechs say that they suffer in the midrange. if anyone has either of these speakers and can help me decide it'd be great.

I know there have been countless speaker threads, please don't reply to tell me this.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I can't tell you much about the Logitechs, but after searching threads, reading reviews, and considering price, I went with the Klipsch. I have had them for 15 months now, and I love them. Excellent range, and a powerful sound. Great speakers.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I have the Z-2300s, which I purchased over the Klipsch based on the reviews. As they still sold? I thought they'd been replaced by a newer model. I think they sound pretty good, for small speakers, and are capable of a remarkable amount of volume. The subwoofer is quite large and heavy. You probably can't go far wrong with either one.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
I have the Klipsch (at home), and the logitech 2200 at work. WHile I understand the 2300 improved on some of the shortcomings of the 2200, for a clean, crisp, robust sound, I cannot recommend the klispch enough - I am very happy them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.