Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Tonight I came into my office and my PowerBook was sleeping. I have an external display and I usually turn my display on and wiggle the mouse (after I turn that on) and nothing happened. I looked and my display was still in standby mode, my wacom and eye tv had the same behavior. The powerbook light stopped blinking (I heard the drive wake) and then nothing. Nothing happened still. I opened the lid, hit the power button and still nothing. Held it down, and nothing. I ended up having to take the battery out and then I started the machine.

Since then I've rebooted twice just for fun and since then the below screenshot shows that the "Jessica's Computer" window keeps popping up.

Two questions:
#1 What could have happened or what does it mean when the powerbook is sleeping, then wakes but never really wakes and just shuts off?
#2 What is up with that window opening as though this is some sort of start up program you'd find in windows?

Specs: Powerbook 1.67 ghz second to last rev...rev D I think. 1.5 gig ram. os 10.4.7
Thanks!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 112

tweakers_suck

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I've had a similar wake from sleep issue when my battery was basically drained during sleep mode. Was you powerbook running on battery or power adapter?

I've seen that window too. Not a big deal.

Is your computer working normally now?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
tweakers_suck said:
I've had a similar wake from sleep issue when my battery was basically drained during sleep mode. Was you powerbook running on battery or power adapter?

I've seen that window too. Not a big deal.

Is your computer working normally now?
Yeah the comp is ok, but everytime I restart it pops that silly window up. That's not what I want really. It ws 99% charged, 4 load cycles (new battery) and it was on external power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.