Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiseguy27

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
USA
This kind of thread appears often, but for the Mac the only client that's always been good enough is Azureus. All others either lack features or are buggy.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
wiseguy27 said:
This kind of thread appears often, but for the Mac the only client that's always been good enough is Azureus. All others either lack features or are buggy.

Yup, this is true, and it's unfortunate.

If you get your torrents from private sites that track your stats, and you have to maintain a ratio, then you have no choices other than the Azureus, Tomato Torrent, or the crap Bit Torrent Official client.

Transmission is great, but it doens't report stats perfectly, and is banned by most private trackers aka, the good trackers...

So, it's Azureus. Unless Bit Rocket can pull of a miracle and follow proper Torrent announce protocol, which I doubt it will.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
i dont mean to sound rude, but why dont you save yourself [and many others] valuable time by using the search function? it really is an amazing feature

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
I would recommend Tomato if you're just now getting into torrents. It's very simple to understand. In fact, I've been using torrents for about two years and used to use Azureus, but moved to Tomato because it's just so simple.

Daniel.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I've been using Bits on Wheels for some time now, but I've just started using Transmission instead, which I can highly recommend for simplicity, speed and convenience (eg. auto copies .torrent file and trashes it when you remove it from the download list).

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Transmission is great. I help the guys with icons and overall design for the OSX version. They have a great forum there. You can make suggestions and post ideas for improvements and you often get those in the nightly builds (which are extremely stable for nightlies) the next day. These guys are doing an awesome job.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
lOUDsCREAMEr said:
Transmission all da way!!

Azureus always freezes my system..
Another vote for Transmission. Simple. Gets the job without any hitches. And I like the file management features.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
dylan said:
Xtorrent, Watanabe's new client should be good.
oh kickass! he is probably the best mac developer i know (right at the top next to panic).. xtorrent will rock!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Gotta cast another vote for Azureus. Powerful, full-featured, amazing tool. If you don't need advanced features, maybe not the choice for you, but otherwise, nothing beats it IMO. :cool:

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
agree

Azureus. The best. That said... so sad, windows world has more options... BitLord... too bad no mac version, like so often mac is the redheaded stepchiled :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.