Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

O)Matt-Burch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Is it possible to, on startup load starcraft wait for a minute select multiplayer, expansion wait for 10 seconds, enter name in first entry, and password in second entry, press "OK" wait for 5 seconds, and join a channel?? Yes it is alot to ask for. I am using OS9.2.2 so it might be different than OSX ?? I only know basic applescript.

I would greatly appreciate it for any1 to make this code, if you don't that is fine, because it is alot to do, by the way i think.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
O)Matt-Burch said:
Is it possible to, on startup load starcraft wait for a minute select multiplayer, expansion wait for 10 seconds, enter name in first entry, and password in second entry, press "OK" wait for 5 seconds, and join a channel?? Yes it is alot to ask for. I am using OS9.2.2 so it might be different than OSX ?? I only know basic applescript.

I would greatly appreciate it for any1 to make this code, if you don't that is fine, because it is alot to do, by the way i think.

The app needs to support scripting, and you are asking for UI scripting, which there is no good way to do... even in 10.4. Nobody is going to be able to do this.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I know absolutely nothing about Applescript, and I haven't played Starcraft in years, but I think that Warcraft 3 has pretty much the same hotkeys and battle.net setup. This is what would be needed to do what you want in Warcraft 3, and all it needs is keystrokes, no actual mouse needed, and I know there are programs in OS 9 capable of this, such as QuicKeys, should a script not pan out.

So Starcraft would launch as a startup item/whatever, and after a few seconds the "b" key would be input, taking you to battle.net login screen. The the login name can be automatically remembered, and I think if it is the password box is selected by default, so the script would just need type in the password, followed by the return key, which logs you onto bnet, and after a few seconds the "h" key, which would bring up the channel menu (with the channel name box already selected), and the script would type out the channel name, followed by the return key, bringing you to your channel. Remember, this is assuming that Starcraft and Warcraft use the same hotkeys within battle.net, which might be wrong.

Hopefully this might help someone here who actually does know how to write Applescripts (but might not know Starcraft) to help you out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.