Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

no6surprises

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
today i got all this music from my old mp3 player, an iriver, and at first i imported a few files by going to file-import-and it had already selected itunes music and i just pressed choose and all the new files would go into itunes. Now it will only let me choose one file at a time ill never get them all imported i have about 600 new songs to put in there. PLEASE!! tell me how to fix this.

no6surprises

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
yikes

thanks, but i've been trying that it's only letting me import one song at a time though and i jsut wanted to know why? or has this happened to you before, because usually i just press choose and all the files are updated at once.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
no6surprises said:
thanks, but i've been trying that it's only letting me import one song at a time though and i jsut wanted to know why? or has this happened to you before, because usually i just press choose and all the files are updated at once.

Actually this hasn't happened to me before. Are you using windows or Mac OS X?

In either, try exploring the iRiver itself and copying the music folder out and pasting it on your desktop. Then try importing by file-import folder.

Hope it helps.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If this is OS X, can you open a finder window for the folder that contains all the music and subfolders, and type "kind:music" (no quotes) in the spotlight bar? This will find all music files in the folder. Then choose Edit->Select All and drag everything to the iTunes dock icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.