Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
UK
260505905_5c5605062e_o.jpg

I'd like to call this "4-steps to try it later on a Mac"

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
I dont have time to take those screenshots, but my mac just makes things go a lot more smoothly-
i.e. for connecting to wireless, my mac does that completely automatically without me even clicking a dialogue box. sometimes on my pc laptop the wireless network doesnt get connected to even though its default etc etc.

spyware. oh my gosh spyware. Everytime I browse the net and I dont run adaware for a while my computer runs extremely slow. because of stupid spyware.

defragmentation- my windows harddrive doesn't defrag itself like a mac harddrive so things run slow after a few weeks.

and a lot more to come..

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
UK
hey, this is "picture gallery", if you don't have any screenshots it's no fun.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I use both Windows XP and Mac OS X, and Windows XP is tarded.

Like the disappearing/reappearing word start in the start button on my workstation.

And this image was NOT photoshopped.

The Start word just reappeared about 10 minutes ago.

Attachments

• no-start.JPG
    no-start.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 92

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
That Media Player screenshot looks like the one that shipped with Windows 98. I just looked at my Safari Security settings and there isn't a Medium setting for security or anything.

Not having those settings with Safari confuse people coming from Windows?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Exactly... Why does all the empty drives in my internel card reader need to show up when their empty, and how am I supposed to know which one has something in if its not named? *sigh*

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Markleshark said:
Exactly... Why does all the empty drives in my internel card reader need to show up when their empty, and how am I supposed to know which one has something in if its not named? *sigh*

And whats with Shared documents showing up twice and what the hell is a network place?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Network places is possibly the most unfinished, annoying and horribly broken feature in Windows generally. I spent a whole day simply setting up file sharing between two PCs, all I need to do is access the hard drive of the other from this one, and the other way around, easy you'd think... ohhhhhh no! :mad:

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
BornAgainMac said:
That Media Player screenshot looks like the one that shipped with Windows 98. I just looked at my Safari Security settings and there isn't a Medium setting for security or anything.

Not having those settings with Safari confuse people coming from Windows?

Yeah, thats Media Player 6.4.

Which is included with Windows XP.

You can pull it up by typing mplayer2 into the run box.

Its actually a core component of Windows XP and is needed for Media Player 8/9. Dunno about 10 though. 8 and 9 are just basically frontends for 6.4.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I can run multiple professional applications without the thing crashing, which makes me more productive. I find the Mac more intuitive and has less hurdles getting in the way of simple tasks.

Fewer concerns over security and malware is a big bonus.

Then there's aesthetics. In my little world there are very few places that boast a nicer view than being sat infront of the Mac Pro.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I use Mac at home 'cause I prefer it's ease of use and the hardware/software package couldn't be matched by WinTel at the time.

That said I use XP at work and I have very little problem with it and would be happy to use it at home, but I can't afford my company's IT deptartment to keep it running smoothly.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I multitask when I'm computing. Any more than three or four programs at once and Windows starts pausing, doing really slow screen redraws and just grinding to a halt. I find that too frustrating and end up swearing at the computer rather than working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.