Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sawtoothdude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
i have a Clamshell iBook that until yesterday had a perfect battery but it now charges only to 27% what should i do? i have tried the battery reset apple application Battery reset 2.0. Thanks
-Sawtoothdude

Sawtoothdude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
sorry to bump a post but the battery is getting worse and only charges to 20%. Is there any software let will let me reset the battery?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It really does sound like a dead battery, but you could try a calibration and PMU reset all the same. If I'm right, then these techniques might make matters slightly worse. Of course, if I'm right then it also means the battery won't be lasting much longer anyway. :eek:

Good luck. :)

Sawtoothdude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I tried the PMU reset and followed instructions from the site but now the iBook will not recognize the HDD or CD or Firewire Drives attached to it and i get an infinite question marked folder then it goes to the Face on the folder then back to the question mark and does this repeatedly.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If you can't boot from the OS discs, then you might need to have that thing looked at. Is there another battery you could try it with? It seems odd that it lost its start up drive after the PMU reset. That's not a brilliant sign. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.