Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
ok i am about to go crazy right nowww....all i want to do is be able to send my buddies pics, or songs, or any other files over ichat...it makes no sense why this has to be soo hard...i have searched this all over google and i cannot seem to fix it...i have opened soo many different ports on my linksys wrt54g wireless router firewall and none of them seem to work...i am seroiusly about to buy a windows laptop just because of stupid little things like this...somebody please help...and please dont just send me a link to apple's support site because that wont help...thanks in advance

ormandj

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
bigben334 said:
ok i am about to go crazy right nowww....all i want to do is be able to send my buddies pics, or songs, or any other files over ichat...it makes no sense why this has to be soo hard...i have searched this all over google and i cannot seem to fix it...i have opened soo many different ports on my linksys wrt54g wireless router firewall and none of them seem to work...i am seroiusly about to buy a windows laptop just because of stupid little things like this...somebody please help...and please dont just send me a link to apple's support site because that wont help...thanks in advance

Are you attempting transfer to a windows user on AIM?

Regardless, here is the documentation on it, straight from Apple:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93208
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107476

Pay special attention to that second link, in fact - follow it first.

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
ughh...

i have seen those 2 pages a million times now and i am beyond that...my macbook's firewall is not active anyway so that is irrelevant...it is my wireless router's firewall that i am trying to get around...isnt there a way to just completely disable my router's firewall?????!!!!!

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
is it that your friend's aim that doesn't work?
has it ever worked, maybe another computer from the same router?
have you tried to plug the computer directly into the modem?

what system are you and your friend using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.