Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
In photoshop, using the text tool, you get a drop down menu of all your fonts. In the menu there is the name of the font followed by the word "sample" in the font, so you may see the font quickly without having to select all of them one by one to see what may work.

does InDesign lack this feature, or is it somehow a preference? I can find no text drop down menus that will show me a sample of the font, which is a pain in the butt when trying to look thru a bunch of fonts for something that works.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
You can definitly show the font preview in InDesign.

You can select to show the preview and choose its size in the preferences... see picture

And you can find the preview in the menu bar, the options bar, and in the text palett

Attachments

• einstellung.jpg
    einstellung.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 510
  • menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 277

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Thats in German, though Im no fool and went looking for the window you have there.

Does the fact im using InDesign CS and not InDesign CS2, matter?

I look in my preferences and see nothing that lets me do this.

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
as far as i know CS didn't have this feature. It was introduced in CS2 i believe. It's also default in CS2 like that. Sorry. Illustrator CS2 has the same problem in the menu bar, but in the Characters Palette the WYSIWYG font preview works...very odd. I also hate that you can't use the nudge keys to flip through fonts in Illustrator and InDesign, but can in Photoshop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.