Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I dunno what's wrong with it, the power adapter or the actual laptop. The original adapter snapped so I got a MacAlly one, the reviews said it was low quality and stops working after a while, I got the problem, and I had to hold the charger at angles to get any charge.

Today I got a new one, and the light in the battery doesn't blink at all, and with the new adapter, not the macally one doesn't charge either. My laptop won't turn on, and it's been charging all morning. I then tried it without the battery, still won't charge. I noticed the small bit the charger goes inside moves about, I dunno if that's the problem, other members of my family are convinced it's the £600 iBook that's ruined, but I have had it for a little under a year.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
Take it to an Apple store, or phone Apple up. They tend to be able to diagnose issues fairly quickly, but it sounds like they will need to look at it. Hope it's just the power adapter, or battery!

addone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2006
I thought that, but they should normally be able to run without battery, and I had gotten a new charger.

EDIT: I reset the PMU and put the new charger back in, and the battery now blinks rapidly, but my laptop still won't run.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
I'm by no means a pro when it comes to hardware such as the battery..but I would say that it's the power lead. Try borrowing a different kind of power lead from a friend, preferably the official Apple one, or if you can't...go to an Apple store and I'm sure they woud let you plug your laptop into one of their power leads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.