Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
I've been having this issue with burning a video dvd using Toast Titanium (7.1.2). I'll put about 5 or so shows on a dvd and tell it to burn, after which it will start to convert the items, then when I come back about 2 hours or so later toast has either:

a) Stopped doing anything (not frozen, just idle), or;

b) Quit. Not quit unexpectedly (no message pops up), it's just gone.

The thing is I've done this exact thing before and it's worked fine up until now. I was reading this thread wondering if maybe .avi is the issue, but the files I had burned before were in .avi too and they burned fine. Help!

Ok i got the problem at some point and here is my trick.

- check that you have the right media selected and that it is at most orange and not red
- in pref, desactivate all screensaver energy saving (you can turn down the screen though but don't shurt down computer or hd)
- Instead of burning save as disc image
- spend a good night or a good day work... 6hours video on my Charlote (iMacG5) it take 5/7hours to create image.
- Check the size of your image and make sure it is still under the media size... if not do not turn off Toast and remove few movie and recreate a new image... toast still have the temporary files and it goes much faster to create your new image
- then load you disc image (.toast) and burn about 30min for a DVD-DL

note : i experienced problems with Traxdata DVD-DL but others are fine and don't give me errors.

bozigle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.