Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I just bought my iPod this week, a 5.5G iPod Video. Since I listen to podcasts frequently I will be syncing this daily with my Mac. As well, the other thing I use it for mostly is listening to FM Radio so i bought Apple's FM Radio Receiver Adapter. I know even with a standard iPod everytime you sync it you pull the dock connector in and out. As well, now that I use the FM Receiver I also have to unplug before each sync as well as plug that in after each sync. That just seems like a lot of heavy use. Is this likely to cause any problems with the iPod connector? What I'm wondering is is there anything (that's hopefully small) that acts as a splitter where I could plug in both at the same time and limit the use of the original dock connector that's actually on the iPod?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just bought my iPod this week, a 5.5G iPod Video. Since I listen to podcasts frequently I will be syncing this daily with my Mac. As well, the other thing I use it for mostly is listening to FM Radio so i bought Apple's FM Radio Receiver Adapter. I know even with a standard iPod everytime you sync it you pull the dock connector in and out. As well, now that I use the FM Receiver I also have to unplug before each sync as well as plug that in after each sync. That just seems like a lot of heavy use. Is this likely to cause any problems with the iPod connector? What I'm wondering is is there anything (that's hopefully small) that acts as a splitter where I could plug in both at the same time and limit the use of the original dock connector that's actually on the iPod?

I would be interested in this as well as I sit in a similar position as you. But as far as the dock connector goes...no...I doubt it'll cause problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.