Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I always get "help me so and so does not work" from my girl friend, so yesterday i went out and got her this cute little MacBook which she loves to death. She had problems burning cd's with her old pc as as well as doing everyday normal work. I have not gotten one help me call yet she fingered out everything on her own.

She did all the pictures on her own, as well as now buying and downloading tv shows from itunes.

I am so glade she liked it now i don't have to spend 30 mins trying to figer whats wrong with her old laptop :)

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
I thought the title of this said I switched my GF for a MB at first :p
glad it doesn't.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
That's a very generous gift. :eek: My ex was more interested in buying me heels than Appley hardware. *ponders looking for a bf from MR*

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I always get "help me so and so does not work" from my girl friend, so yesterday i went out and got her this cute little MacBook which she loves to death.
Wow very generous! I switched my first user(s) a couple of weeks ago. My aunt and uncle had the same problems so when their MOBO died they ordered Mac mini. I didn't buy them the machine though... awww... I guess this means you're serious about this one! :)

*ponders looking for a bf from MR*
I'd be carefull about saying such things. Your PM box is liable to hit it's limit. ;)

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
My girlfriend bought a MB after years of dealing with an unresponsive and XP-bloated eMachine.

She loves it, but with only 512 megs of RAM...it's not as responsive as it should be. Gotta fix that.

But yeah, great present. Hope it's got more RAM than what my significant other's does.

The3nd

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
I did the same for my GF, I had given her my old powerbook but decided she needed an upgrade... so in the midst of my Mac purchasing I picked up a 2.0 c2d macbook for her :)

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
ha ha :D It must be love!

Wait till you've been together for 17 years like me and the misses.

I'm pondering giving her my old Win2K laptop so I can have a MacBook Pro! :D

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Cool! My gf (emmi on MRs) is going to wait until summer to purchase her MB (hopefully they have the *free* printer/iPod promo). By then, Leopard/iLife should be out. That means her MB will be better than mine! :eek:

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
UPDATE:

Well she likes the laptop a lot, the only problem she has is when it starts in XP (i installed Boot Camp on it). She loves who simple everything is, and she enjoys discovering things on her own like importing music cd's :). Whenever i ask her about he pc laptop she is like "shut up, it sucks why did you not get me this laptop from before?"

The only problem is she spends more time on the macbook then with me :(

p.sp Is there are nice games that she might like? she enjoys The Sims but she has not played it much.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
UPDATE:

Well she likes the laptop a lot, the only problem she has is when it starts in XP (i installed Boot Camp on it). She loves who simple everything is, and she enjoys discovering things on her own like importing music cd's :). Whenever i ask her about he pc laptop she is like "shut up, it sucks why did you not get me this laptop from before?"

The only problem is she spends more time on the macbook then with me :(

p.sp Is there are nice games that she might like? she enjoys The Sims but she has not played it much.
Pacman, tetris, Sim City, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.. that's all I can think of right now.

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
I had a similar story. My wife was a Windows user when we got married. She had an appr. 4 yr old compaq desktop, and I actually refused to allow her to bring it into my house. She's a student, and we were living on married student housing at the time so she would just go to the library to work on reports. Then, Valentine's Day last year, our first V.Day as couple, btw, she was *just* about done with a report, and the Dell she was working on crashed. We spent the whole night rewriting her paper that was due the next day. Went on ebay at that point and bought her a 17" Powerbook. I was a bit jealous, as at the time, I was (and still am) using a G4 iBook. Then, over Christmas this past year, the hinge of her pb broke, and they told me i could wait a month for the part or they would give me a 17" mac book pro as a replacement. Now I am a lot jealous... That will be rectified soon as i am buying a 15" mbp, likely in April. But at least I didn't have to pay for hers...:)

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
oops, the moral of the above story is that she loves her macs and won't use anything else. now she tries to get other people to switch, too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.