Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenewguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Hi all,
I'm in college, and I use PDFs for every class. I'd like to find an easy way to take good notes in the margins, highlight text, etc.

Preview has circling and text tools, but they are very limited. the text font size is huge, and the circles have thick borders and are completely opaque.

What do I need to be able to adjust font sizes, highlight text, adjust translucency, all that stuff?

thanks

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
I ran into a similar issue a few weeks ago on a business document from a client. As far as I can remember, the Help section (in the menu bar when you open an Adobe .pdf document) will explain that to "edit" or "comment" on a document 1 or 2 things to be in place: (1) the author/owner of the document must have already authorized such use, and (2) you must have the full Adobe Acrobat package, not just Adobe reader. Check the Help section mentioned above and you'll find a URL to the software you need to download. I don't remember is there was a fee involved or not.

Hopefully, another MR'er will come along later with either a workaround or better info. ;-)

Nago

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
Madrid, Spain
This is almost a necro-thread, but the new and improved Preview from OsX 10.6 supports highlighting, notes, arrows, and many more features.

Try it yourself! Works great for me, no more printing! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.