Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
So I remember doing this in the past but I can't think for the life of me how.

I've got iSquint to convert my AVI's through to the appropriate video format, but I think it just sets them as movies. I remember having another piece of software in the past that made them into "TV Shows" in iTunes, can anyone help a guy out here? Don't necessarily need a link so much as a name.

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
All I do is open iTunes, select the "movies" heading under "library", then drag my mp4 file from finder onto the window in iTunes. When it's finished copying the file in to iTunes, you get a liitle preview of the movie. Right-click, Get Info. Under the video tab change video from movie to TV Show. Now it appears under TV Shows and is available from Front-Row.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
All I do is open iTunes, select the "movies" heading under "library", then drag my mp4 file from finder onto the window in iTunes. When it's finished copying the file in to iTunes, you get a liitle preview of the movie. Right-click, Get Info. Under the video tab change video from movie to TV Show. Now it appears under TV Shows and is available from Front-Row.

I do the same... the only irritating thing about this process is that fields like the name of the TV show are not auto-complete, which is already in most places in iTunes and shouldn't be hard to implement. Not every field, but at least the show name, which repeats a lot. But otherwise, it just takes a few seconds to make this change after iSquint has dumped the video in iTunes. :)

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Actually that might just be the one I had in mind....

*googles the link and goes to check*

I also vote for Lostify. iTunes only 'temporarily' sets the flag in its own database, so if you have to restore your library from a backup, you lose a lot of these flags. This is not the case if you tagged it using Lostify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.