Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
ok, so i have been messing around with ical, and i just wanted to know one thing, is there any way i can put my class schedule in there so that it appears in every week or do i have to put it manually every week?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
When you add the new event (one for each day's classes, in your case), there's an option to set how often to repeat it, as well as an end date to stop.

If you have a MWF class, for example, you'd add three weekly events, one for each time it met. A minor hassle, but not too bad. Edit: not true; see Silver-Fox's post below.

iCalExample.png

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
ok, so i have been messing around with ical, and i just wanted to know one thing, is there any way i can put my class schedule in there so that it appears in every week or do i have to put it manually every week?

THERE is an option, click on the event and the bar on the right should pop open! if not drag it right and then click on repeat and select how often you want to repeat it!

Hope this helps

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA

You can get an event to Repeat as often as needed. when you create a new event (or edit an old one) just change the repeat settings in the sidebar.

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
there is an option so that it does fill out everyday of the week

choose “Custom” from the pull-down menu next to the “Repeat” item in the Information window, then select the appropriate days of the week.

i think that is right :p

Gattz

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
iCal Alarm

Why are there two alarms when you're editing an event?

*Edit* Uh, I meant to post a new topic, but I wasn't concentrating I guess and I posted in this topic. Feel free to answer, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.