Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek77

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2006
My iBook G3 800 MHz will not charge any more all of a sudden. I have tried plugging it in to several power sockets and it won't charge. Whats more... I tried charging it with just the normal charger, and I even tried charing it with the extension wire! I am not sure if it is the charger, or my iBook. If it is the iBook, should i rip it open and get a new part for it? If it is the charger, where can i get a new one? Thanks!!

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
It would help if you knew someone with a similar charger, which you could borrow just to test to see if your iBook charges with it.

If so, just get a new charger. If not, then you know you've got bigger problems. That would be your first port of call ;)

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
Be kind to your iBook! The 800 mHz is especially a nice one! Hope you resolve your problem - and please post what it WAS!

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
It could be one of several things, such as the power adapter, the battery, or the PMU. If you know someone with any of those parts that are compatible with your iBook, try swapping them for testing purposes to verify which part is the culprit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.