Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
MacEdition posts a vague report about possible software testing for new hardware support:

The software also marks a cheeky new nautical theme in Apple code names: “Wave” denotes the Mac OS X update for the new devices, while its Mac OS 9 counterpart is traveling under the sobriquet “Pacific.”

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
"Vague" is an understatement. Except for dropping two dubious codenames and the word "hardware" there isn't much here to go on...yet. Anyone want to step in with any details? links to details?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
My 2 cents (maybe $1 more)...

I have many sources that work at Apple and they all say that Apple is going to discontinue OS X in 2 years, and then introduce a BeOS/Windows OS that will be able to run Windows and BeOS software, ontop of UNIX/Linux software, and also be able to play Playstation games, ontop of having built-in Nuclear bombs for destroying Usama's house in Pakistan. According to my sources, Apple is giving away OS X's source code and OS 9's source code, for a $5 shareware fee. Steve Jobs secretly hates the Mac OS, and plans to let Kraft buy Apple, but he's going to stick with Pixar and create commercials for Krogers. McDonalds also signed an agreement with Steve Jobs to create Steve Jobs action figure for their Kids Meal. Then, Microsoft will go out of business, computers will take over the world (computers that run Mac OS 6, its' been secretly worked on by the FBI/Aliens). X-Files shows will all become true (x-files really is a history of the world). Steve jobs will come back and save the world after converted to Christianity, Jesus will return too, and then the earth will be burned.

Have fun! :) :)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: My 2 cents (maybe $1 more)...

Originally posted by kainjow
I have many sources that work at Apple and they all say that Apple is going to discontinue OS X in 2 years, and then introduce a BeOS/Windows OS that will be able to run Windows and BeOS software, ontop of UNIX/Linux software, and also be able to play Playstation games, ontop of having built-in Nuclear bombs for destroying Usama's house in Pakistan. According to my sources, Apple is giving away OS X's source code and OS 9's source code, for a $5 shareware fee. Steve Jobs secretly hates the Mac OS, and plans to let Kraft buy Apple, but he's going to stick with Pixar and create commercials for Krogers. McDonalds also signed an agreement with Steve Jobs to create Steve Jobs action figure for their Kids Meal. Then, Microsoft will go out of business, computers will take over the world (computers that run Mac OS 6, its' been secretly worked on by the FBI/Aliens). X-Files shows will all become true (x-files really is a history of the world). Steve jobs will come back and save the world after converted to Christianity, Jesus will return too, and then the earth will be burned.

Wow...........scary........

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002

McDonalds also signed an agreement with Steve Jobs to create Steve Jobs action figure for their Kids Meal.
Oh sweet. Does it come with authentic black turtle neck top and blue denim jeans?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Yeek!

2 cents in Zimbabwe Dollars maybe. Eesh, that's almost as wacked as the Article itself! That Gay Blade dude has ISSUES!

graydecember

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
SJ is a pisces, which explains 'aqua', 'bondi blue', and other nautical expressions (also, I think, ugly 'fish eye' bullets), also the barefoot thing ( feet are anatomical coorespodance). anyone know about his natal chart? I wonder if he perhaps has a virgo moon or ascendant (or venus), which explains the preoccupation with efficiency, clean geometry; perfectionism. Also virgos are supposed to be a little uptight, while pisces often is more the hippy type.

Capricorn essence is similar to virgo essence in many ways, so maybe that's mwhat I'm seeing...

if anyone is interested, I'll need his birth time, date, year, and time zone- to verify/discover more!

elgruga

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2001
Canada
Steve's secret life

This is all fine and dandy, but there is NO WAY that Apple can release new hardware until Steve gets a divorce from his secret marriage to Britney Spears.
Turns out that Britney is a windows user and thats what finally broke the camels back, as they say.

Steve is rumored to be seeing Bill Gates wife, who has been quoted as saying that Bill's GUI is less than user-friendly. Go figure.

Bill, of course, spends almost all his time locked in a cabin in the Sierra nevada's, scheming to get back at the people who hit him with a cream pie over two years ago. His fingernails are reportedly over 5 inches long and his beard and hair are long and filthy.
Kleenex trucks arrive daily as Bill continues to struggle with his germ phobia.
No wonder XP is so crappy.......

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA

I like your thinking, but I hate the idea. Too bad it will never happen, but hey; good try!

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Aqua Waves on the Pacific.

It just sounds to me like they finally came up with code words for the 10.2 and 9.3 releases that incorporate the G5 code.. Ya, there was another name for 9.3, but they can always change their minds! :) And hey! You didn't actually think Apple would let on that there was G5 code in the early 10.2 releases to all their developers did you? :) NDA! NDA!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city

not surprising. what is surprising is that you managed to fit all that together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.