Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I have a panorama picture that I would like to print out. The print menu lets you put multiple pictures on one page but not one picture across multiple pages. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this without manually cropping the picture up into one page pieces.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
The rasterbator is good but I was hoping to have it a bit smaller and higher quality print than that. I might try it anyway though.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I couldn't get the trial of Snapshot to do it although I did find another program that would. However, it is also not free.

I can't believe that there is not a free way of doing this. Printing across multiple pages is built in to Microsoft paint, why isn't it available for Macs?

EDIT: I just found a way to print across multiple pages. I just put the picture in Excel and make it as big as you want.

Altosaxo

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
print across multiple pages

Hey, I found a good old fashioned way, but it works.
First from any program; print to pdf.
After that, import it in a Appleworks document (A3).
Then print it. Done!!
Success,
Peter

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Hey, I found a good old fashioned way, but it works.
First from any program; print to pdf.
After that, import it in a Appleworks document (A3).
Then print it. Done!!
Success,
Peter

You do realized you responded to a thread that was almost 3 years old? The last post prior to yours was May 2007.

bay rower

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2010
Printing a large image on multiple sheets

The free app PosteRazor is easy to use and works with any .jpeg image. However, in my hands the printed image was not the actual size, it's about 5% too small. This would not likely be a problem for a poster, but could be very bad for a pattern or engineering print.

Adobe Illustrator (at least version CS4) can do this, and in my hands the print image is exact. In the "Print" dialog box select the "tile" button. The large image and the pages that make up the tiles will appear in the window. You need to select an "overlap" value so the images can be joined after printing. I have found a value of 24 mm more than sufficient, but you need to experiment with your printer/driver.

Adobe Illustrator can open (or import) .jpeg or .ps files. I don't think Photoshop can tile large images (it should IMHO).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.