Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmieboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Australia
Hey everyone. I've got an iMac G5, with the specs being in my signature. At the moment, my bluetooth module has gone totally bust. Finder is saying that there is no bluetooh hardware available. I've done a hardware test, reparired permissions, reset the SMU, opened up my computer and unglugged and plugged the bluetooth module with no sign of it going to work. So I was wondering:

1. Has anyone had this problem before and had a solution?

and

2. Can anyone reccomend any USB bluetooh dongles (hate that word) that I can buy in Australia? I don't want to spend a fortune, with my measly 16 year old budget. :p

Thanks in advance.

SMILE!:D

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hhmm sory mate ive got no clue about how to fix it...

my only solution is that dongle thingo, i have one on my old imac g3. its by dlink and im pretty sure they sell them at every apple aust store. it cost me like $60 a few years back and i never have any problems. didnt even need to install software!

http://dlink.com.au/Products.aspx?Sec=1&Sub1=18&Sub2=39&PID=211
thats it there even tho it says for pc. works fine on mine.. if u were after 2.0 EDR+ i really dont have a clue..

hope this helps!

Jimmieboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Australia
hhmm sory mate ive got no clue about how to fix it...

my only solution is that dongle thingo, i have one on my old imac g3. its by dlink and im pretty sure they sell them at every apple aust store. it cost me like $60 a few years back and i never have any problems. didnt even need to install software!

http://dlink.com.au/Products.aspx?Sec=1&Sub1=18&Sub2=39&PID=211
thats it there even tho it says for pc. works fine on mine.. if u were after 2.0 EDR+ i really dont have a clue..

hope this helps!

mmmm. I'm not sure what to do at the moment. I'll leave it for a bit and then see how much I miss using bluetooth with my computer and phone. I want to get a cheap one. You know what it's like being so young. I'd love to get a new mac in 1 and half years if my iMac still runs without problems. Ebay is probably a good place to look. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.