Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgriffing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2007
well my screen was fine and then i went downstairs to watch tv. my brother always goes in my room and goes on my computer and i came back upstairs and the LCD is loose as hell and if i wiggle it the brightness fades and i have to put the brightness back up using the keypad. the hinges appear loose is there just screws that have to be tightened?

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
well my screen was fine and then i went downstairs to watch tv. my brother always goes in my room and goes on my computer and i came back upstairs and the LCD is loose as hell and if i wiggle it the brightness fades and i have to put the brightness back up using the keypad. the hinges appear loose is there just screws that have to be tightened?

Unfortunately it is more detailed than that. It will require you taking it to the apple store to fix or if you are highly proficient you can go to apple's support site and download guides, but you will need the tools as well. It requires you getting access to the hinges where the PB screen pivots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.