Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I know that verizon disabled bluetooth file transfer on their phones, but i recently read something that claimed they came out with an update that now allows obex. I then find out that this was only if you were upgraded from firmware version .02 (which already had obex enabled accidently) to .04...
it turns out that my phone has the .02 version firmware... or so i think. Everyone says it needs to be GATW_01.0F.02 and when i check the software version of my razr it reads: NEWC_01.09.02....
so does this mean i have .02 or not???
SO if i try sending files to the razr via bluetooth, it gets as far as asking me to enter a pairing number and then when i initiate the file transfer it fails immediately. so something is wrong
i just want the feature that every other provider has left enabled! why does verizon have to be so mean????

p.s. when i went to the verizon store and told them about this update he had no idea what i was talking about and told me to hack the v3 software on some website but from my understanding you can't flash the firmware from a mac and when i told him this he was like, "you're a mac user??" in a disgusted tone and i was like, "yes..." and he half jokingly told me to get out of here... hahaha i ended up leaving anyway from the frustration of them not having any idea what i was talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.