Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:38 PM   #1
sunday888
macrumors member

Anyone got or tried Griffin Tuneflex AUX with iPhone?

I'm looking for a cradle for my iPhone for the car. I don't want an FM transmitter, just a cradle (charging is good, too). The Griffin Tuneflex AUX is made for the 30Gb/80Gb 5th gen video iPod. It looks like the iPhone and the 30Gb iPod are about the same thickness, although shaped a little differently. But it looks like the iPhone ought to fit.

Does anyone have a Tuneflex AUX that they've tried? Does the dock connector have the strength to hold the iPhone securely?

Got a better suggestion?
sunday888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:49 PM   #2
tasslehawf
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to tasslehawf Send a message via Yahoo to tasslehawf
I bought this today for my iphone. I have alpine system that connects over the dock connector. I initially hooked it up and amusingly discovered that I could control the ipod functions on the phone through the stereo but the music came out of the phone's speaker. The tuneflex connects to the dock connector and grabs an audio out that is in the base.

It doesn't hold the iphone amazingly well. It definately needs some kind of secondary support. I am going to be testing to see if the audio out works soon.
tasslehawf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:42 AM   #3
jfm010
macrumors newbie

Just tried this combination and I'm more than happy. The iPhone fits really good (There's a screw on the back of the Tuneflex to adjust support) and the audio quality of the aux-out is perfect.
jfm010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 05:48 PM   #4
iMav
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iMav Send a message via AIM to iMav Send a message via MSN to iMav Send a message via Yahoo to iMav Send a message via Skype™ to iMav
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfm010 View Post
Just tried this combination and I'm more than happy. The iPhone fits really good (There's a screw on the back of the Tuneflex to adjust support) and the audio quality of the aux-out is perfect.
Sorry about reviving an old thread.

I am looking to buy one of these for my iPhone...I need to know, is it the Tuneflex that fits great with the adjustable screw OR the Tuneflex AUX?

From the product description, it sounds like the original Tuneflex is the one that would be adjustable.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Last edited by iMav; Jul 23, 2008 at 12:29 PM.
iMav is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories