Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

BeeJive.com has released their web based instant messanging client for the iPhone at iphone.beejive.com.
JiveTalk for iPhone is currently available to the public as an open alpha, and free to use. Because this is an alpha release, you may experience some problems/defects. Please report these to support@beejive.com. Thank you for choosing JiveTalk!
Overall expereience with the iPhone designed client has been very positive. JiveTalk allows you to connect to multiple instant messaging networks simultaneously, including AIM (iChat), Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.

Article Link

JorgeAHdz

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2006
Redwood City, CA
works for me too..tho with all these IM sites popping up for the iphone ...i'm weary of just putting my account info in the hands of random sites! Oh well on the other hand it works well so :D

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
This is very cool, I've been using it all day. Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to pay something to use it when it's out of the testing phase. :/

Lanceomac

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
Video IChat

I wondering if apple will consider placing a camera on the face of the iphone and incorporate mobile video iChat. How cool would that be!!??:eek::):confused::D

.vin.

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Works great for me. Rather fast too.
Just a couple of issues or questions...

1) Is there any way to show up as a mobile device to my buddies?
2) Is there any way to hide offline contacts?
3) Will I get a vibrate or sound notification if I get an IM and my phone is on standby?
4) How do I put up an away message?

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
very good styling, matches the iphone perfectly!

just needs a few extra settings and it will easily be the best iphone messenger service!

im amazed at how quickly people are developing these apps, nothing like this has been developed for any other web 2.0 phone apps.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
It was too slow for me. Ashame cuz it was nice, but it just took to long to do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.