Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
The other day, I put more ram into 2 12-inch ibooks - my own 1.0 ghz, and my wife's 1.33 ghz (Yes, I know she has the faster machine. It means I'm the next to upgrade;)). Anyway, this is the first time I had opened them up at all, and I saw something that confused me:

I know that ibooks have only one available expansion slot for ram. That's what I saw on mine. But, on my wife's, it looked like there was a second slot lower down, just below where I installed the ram, but missing the clips to hold the ram in place. Is this in fact a second ram expansion slot, or is it just the shape of it that makes it appear to be one, or is it a second slot that is somehow unsupported or unable to be used?

My guess is that it's just the shape of the hardware, and it only appears to be a second ram slot, but isn't really. But wouldn't it be sweet if there was in fact another usable slot in the ibook?

Does anyone have any insight for me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.