Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nemofinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Is it possible to transfer songs from iPod to iPhone directly?
I'm puzzled about this.
can anybody give me a hint?
Thanks.

sJv

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Sierra Foothills, CA
Is it possible to transfer songs from iPod to iPhone directly?
I'm puzzled about this.
can anybody give me a hint?
Thanks.

How would you propose to connect the iPod to the iPhone? The USB ports on both devices are target only, which means you can't connect them together. You'll also notice a lack of cables that have ipod connectors on both ends for this very reason! :)

Your computer will have to be involved. If your music isn't already on your computer, you can find a program to copy it off your iPod (like Senuti for Mac), import it into iTunes, then sync it to your iPhone.

-steve

fromcha06

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2008
How would you propose to connect the iPod to the iPhone? The USB ports on both devices are target only, which means you can't connect them together. You'll also notice a lack of cables that have ipod connectors on both ends for this very reason! :)

Your computer will have to be involved. If your music isn't already on your computer, you can find a program to copy it off your iPod (like Senuti for Mac), import it into iTunes, then sync it to your iPhone.

-steve

does anyone know another program that will do this samething? i tried SEnuti and it keeps crashing... ?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.