Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agntsaint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2002
Hello,

I have been informed that apple will be releasing a new version of the iPod with considerable more functionaltivity within the next month to two. Does anyone have more information on this. I just know one is coming is all.

Thanks

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Considering that the current revision was only released a few months ago, and is was a fairly radical revision, I would not expect a new iPod for quite a while.

What wouldn't surprise me would be something minor, like the introduction of some iPod accessory, a "deluxe" Dock, etc. But the current iPods will not be obsolete any time soon, in my opinion.

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Northborough, MA
there was sumthing a while back about, a version for dj's with increased functions, search the site for it, i think it was around the time the new ones came out.

-Neal

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
Re: iPod

Originally posted by agntsaint
Hello,

I have been informed that apple will be releasing a new version of the iPod with considerable more functionaltivity within the next month to two. Does anyone have more information on this. I just know one is coming is all.

Thanks

Can we get any more info on your informant?
Was it anything more than some guy who is friends with this other guy who is engaged with this girl who is cousins with a girl who works with Apple?
Not saying that I doubt your certainty, but this happens often, and I would like a bit more to go on.:)

holy MAC!

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2003
this sort of just clicked:

there has been ideas for isight and ipod interaction (i started it on WWDC, that's right.. i was first).

well... since ipod doesn't really have a decent screen... maybe the recording feature can also do video, but you just can't see it......

ill be very happy if this is so......

it would be a GREAT selling point for isight.. because it is just to damn expensive for a webcam.....

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
New iPods were released on April 28. According to the MacRumors Buyer's Guide, that has only been 99 days. And, on average, iPods have been updated every 184 days.

So, to sum it up, I don't think we will see new iPods anytime soon.

bellis1

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2003
Perhaps a firmware update...

I would like to see ability to view text longer than currently allowed.

I would love to see a well functioning record method.

And I would like to be able to transfer photo's from my digital camera to it or storage purposes.

Video is kind of excessive since the screen could not support it. But I could use it like a PDA if I could at least put voice memo's on it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.