Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
I've been using CyberDuck for some time now and I've run into intermittent problems. I updated to the latest version and now cannot upload my new site, which is larger than before. I also tried reverting back to an older copy and it's no good. It seems as though there is a file limit that CyberDuck can handle, but I cannot reduce my file sizes.

My question is this: What program can handle to larger files and is fairly consistent?

TIA!

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
What size files are we talking about here?

I doubt it is a limitation imposed by Cyberduck, it would more likely be something imposed by the FTP server you are using. Either that or a problem with your connection timing out.

Can you give any more details about the exact problem you are having?

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
I'm uploading a 41 mb folder. I've been able to do smaller ones in the past, but now that the folder size is above ~40mb I have had problems.

CyberDuck displays an error with uploading the folder. I don't have a screenshot, but will get one the next time attempt I run it. But CD does show that it attempted to upload 35.9mb of 35.6mb. Is this right?

Thanks for all your help!

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I'm uploading a 41 mb folder. I've been able to do smaller ones in the past, but now that the folder size is above ~40mb I have had problems.

CyberDuck displays an error with uploading the folder. I don't have a screenshot, but will get one the next time attempt I run it. But CD does show that it attempted to upload 35.9mb of 35.6mb. Is this right?

Thanks for all your help!

Without the actual error message Cyberduck displays I can't help you. Post a screenshot or just type out what it says and I'll see if I can think of anything.

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Just ran CD and here's the error:

cd_error.jpg

And I tried uploading a smaller folder..... and it worked!

Any ideas?

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Just ran CD and here's the error:

cd_error.jpg

And I tried uploading a smaller folder..... and it worked!

Any ideas?

i had a lot of problems with cyberduck with this type of problem after using the program for a wile, got fed up of it and downloaded transmit, havent looked back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.