Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hey im trying to make a slideshow on iDVD. I know how to put it all together, but I need some help with how it plays. When I play a photo slideshow just off iPhoto it does the nice zoom effect where it zooms in on the photos as they play. Can I do the same for in iDVD? Thanks

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
The only way to get all of the features of iPhoto's slideshows (including ken burns effect) is to create a slideshow in iPhoto and then export it to iDVD (through the option in the 'share' menu). The main disadvantage is that you won't be able to control the speed of the slideshow through the dvd player.

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
The only way to get all of the features of iPhoto's slideshows (including ken burns effect) is to create a slideshow in iPhoto and then export it to iDVD (through the option in the 'share' menu). The main disadvantage is that you won't be able to control the speed of the slideshow through the dvd player.

Thank you so much!

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
You can also put the slideshow together in iMovie, and use the Ken Burns effect (the effect you were talking about)... and it's configurable for start and stop points, zoom, length, etc. And you can match it all up to your music the way you want.

Not quite as fast or easy as iDVD slideshows or exporting from iPhoto, but you've got complete control over something, if you want it.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
You can set the speed of the slideshow or the each individual photo in iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.