Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bretonh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer a call to another number (ie. take a call and then transfer it to someone back at the office)? I have merged the calls and then tried to hang up but then everyone is disconnected which would be consistent with me being the person hosting the call.

This would be a great feature.

Niconius

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
I have the same problem.. anyone have any tips / useful guidance on this?

Cannot use the iphone as work phone at the moment, annoying..:(

Any and all help highly appreciated!!:)

ferrocinque

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Italy
We really need call transfer!

In my office we just switched to a Vodafone telephone system, where all the cell phones in the contract can be used in the system as one of the wired phones (ie we can transfer calls directly to the cell phones, free of charge).
The problem is that with my iPhone 4 I can't transfer a call as my colleague, using an HTC, can easily do just dialing 4 + Enter (green button).
The problem is that we do not get an "Enter/Call" button on the iPhone when we are already talking...
Since this kind of phone systems are getting pretty popular, this is something Apple should really address...

joeodin

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Call transfer on Iphone vs. Android

It is increddible that Apple and Google don't consider this basic. I have used Iphone as workphone and it took us a while to figure out how this could be worked around. This works but is so time consuming compared to how easily its done at a phone with a call/send and hang up button.

First register a contact (f e named transfer) with phone number "4".
When you have the call running that you want to transfer you simply call your collegaue/friend on the next line. When he answers you can tell him you have call for him and then you get a another line and choose the contact with the 4 number. Now they have each other and your line is clear.

I have now run in to the same problem at my new HTC Desire (Android) and can't get it to work. Have anyone heard of an app that fixes this? It must be millions of users who are experiencing the same problem.

drmickle

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2017
Call transfer on Iphone vs. Android

It is increddible that Apple and Google don't consider this basic. I have used Iphone as workphone and it took us a while to figure out how this could be worked around. This works but is so time consuming compared to how easily its done at a phone with a call/send and hang up button.

First register a contact (f e named transfer) with phone number "4".
When you have the call running that you want to transfer you simply call your collegaue/friend on the next line. When he answers you can tell him you have call for him and then you get a another line and choose the contact with the 4 number. Now they have each other and your line is clear.

I have now run in to the same problem at my new HTC Desire (Android) and can't get it to work. Have anyone heard of an app that fixes this? It must be millions of users who are experiencing the same problem.
[doublepost=1486549870][/doublepost]Help me understand.
1. I'm talking on my iPhone to a caller who I want to transfer to my friend who has an iPhone.
2. While on the initial call, I should select add a call and call my friend who I want to transfer the call to.
3. When my friend answers tell him I want to transfer a call to him.
4. Having already created a contact named "transfer" having a phone number 4, go to my contact list a select the contact named transfer. Call contact named transfer by selecting 4 by selecting contact transfer's phone number, which is 4.
5. At that time the original call will then be transferred to my friends iPhone and I'll be disconnected.
6. Is that right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.