Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfunder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I am having two problems:

1. When I import my music into iTunes, it sorts the songs backwards. Instead of sorting the tracks 1-10, it sorts them 10-1.

2. iTunes does not sort in correct alphabetical order. When I choose to sort by Artist (with the little arrow pointing down), iTunes does not sort correctly. (For example, it will put Aerosmith before AC/DC).

Any help with both of these issues or either one of them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I am having two problems:

1. When I import my music into iTunes, it sorts the songs backwards. Instead of sorting the tracks 1-10, it sorts them 10-1.

2. iTunes does not sort in correct alphabetical order. When I choose to sort by Artist (with the little arrow pointing down), iTunes does not sort correctly. (For example, it will put Aerosmith before AC/DC).

Any help with both of these issues or either one of them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The "arrow" is not an arrow. It's a triangle, the pointy end indicates which end of the list should be the smallest value and the fat end is the larger value.

It would appear that iTunes is working as designed, you have just misinterpreted the sort direction indicator.

In your alphabetical example, where does "Beatles" go?

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.