Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Leopard Event Meetups

Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:06 PM   #1
websyndicate
macrumors regular

Spokane, WA

I know that the Northtown Best Buy has an official Apple Department not too sure if they will be doing a release and Mac Oddessy in the Valley doesn't know anything as of today but I am still checking with them.
Thats if there is many mac users in Spokane that would like to get together.
websyndicate is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Brendon Bauer
macrumors 6502

I might be there. I live in Coeur d'Alene, so if I have time that night I might head out there. You say Best Buy has an official Apple section? I never knew that... I've been to Mac Oddessy in Coeur d'Alene, but I think it's a reseller isn't it? Not sure...
Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:31 PM   #3
websyndicate
macrumors regular

Yea best buy at Northtown has a huge section there of Apple stuff I just found out last night when I was there. Like I said I dont know what they will be doing but I they have a release I will be will be there. Mac Oddessy is just a resaler not an official store
Old Oct 17, 2007, 05:25 PM   #4
hankolerd
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to hankolerd
Best Buy started adding apple sections to their stores last fall, Spokane just took a little bit longer to incorporate it since the mac market isn't that big in Spokane. Maybe I will try to check with my buddy who works their and see if they will have it. CompUSA might??? I would only assume they would, but maybe not. Sadly I am in Butte Montana. No stores that sell apple. No places that sell skate shoes. Not much of anything good. I could drive 2 hours to Missoula and go to the Best Buy there...but I think I will just order it online.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 05:33 PM   #5
websyndicate
macrumors regular

True I forgot CompUSA try to find out I will make my best efforts as well and keep posting. Glad to have anybody and everybody there.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 05:50 PM   #6
Mr.Gadget
macrumors 6502

Did the Mac Oddessy in Coeur d'Alene move? I drove by last night and I could swear I did not see it...
Anyway, think the Best Buy in Coeur d'Alene will have it on time? I live in Post Falls, so I am in the middle... CompUSA is a possibility too. I work in Spokane and could just wait a bit after work....
Old Oct 17, 2007, 06:51 PM   #7
Durendal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by websyndicate View Post
I know that the Northtown Best Buy has an official Apple Department not too sure if they will be doing a release and Mac Oddessy in the Valley doesn't know anything as of today but I am still checking with them.
Thats if there is many mac users in Spokane that would like to get together.
I work at Mac Odyssey. We WILL be having a release party. We're still nailing down details about what we're going to do. There's also a question of whether or not Apple will get our Leopard shipment in on time, but that probably wont be an issue. They've been pretty good on that before. Don't bother with Best Buy or Chump USA. I don't know how good Best Buy's staff is, but I do know that the "Mac" guys at Chump USA know squat about Macs. Come on down to the only real Mac shop in Spokane or Coeur d'Alene!

The Coeur d'Alene store is still out in front of Costco, by the way.
Durendal is offline   0
Old Oct 18, 2007, 04:41 PM   #8
websyndicate
macrumors regular

any updates?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:11 PM   #9
Brendon Bauer
macrumors 6502

Oh, durendal you work at the MacOddessy in Cda? I've been there a few times... I could swear a few employees there don't know what they're talking about. Maybe I know too much because I'm on MRs too much lol. You should get all your employees up to date on MRs heh. Well, let us know if you'll have Leopard on time, as I'd love to stop by and grab it. Party!

Brendon
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:43 AM   #10
Durendal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon Bauer View Post
Oh, durendal you work at the MacOddessy in Cda? I've been there a few times... I could swear a few employees there don't know what they're talking about. Maybe I know too much because I'm on MRs too much lol. You should get all your employees up to date on MRs heh. Well, let us know if you'll have Leopard on time, as I'd love to stop by and grab it. Party!

Brendon
I work in the Spokane Valley store and only drop by CdA every once in a while. You also have to remember that most people in and out of Mac shops know nothing or next to it. You get used to dealing with noobs. However, I can say with total assurance that we're far better than Chump USA. I had a guy come into the shop that had just been there. They sold him iLife '08 saying that it would work on any machine that could run 10.4. They also sold him an OS X family pack when he only has one computer. In any case, drop by. The boss is certain that we'll have it on time as Apple has always been good about getting OS releases out on time. We don't always get new software in a timely manner (iLife and iWork 08 were a little late), but OS seems to go like clockwork. In any case, we probably wont know until a day before, if that. The boxes usually show up the same day.
Durendal is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2007, 03:45 PM   #11
Mr.Gadget
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

The Coeur d'Alene store is still out in front of Costco, by the way.
Ah! So you moved then! Good. I haven't been to the new store. I'll have to check it out.

Are your prices strictly retail on the OS? I believe most are other than online outfits and then it is a mere 10 bucks....
Old Oct 19, 2007, 03:57 PM   #12
Durendal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
Ah! So you moved then! Good. I haven't been to the new store. I'll have to check it out.

Are your prices strictly retail on the OS? I believe most are other than online outfits and then it is a mere 10 bucks....
Yeah, regular retail prices. We really don't have wiggle room to offer anything better than that, although we're tossing around ideas about discounts on other goods when Leopard is purchased. However, don't come in expecting that, it's all preliminary at this point. We're still getting organized.
Durendal is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:58 PM   #13
websyndicate
macrumors regular

Yea I really want to go to MacOddesy for the release in the Valley. I have my order at the online store right now and it says I will get it ON THE 26th but I honestly go to a party and have the full experience. So Mac Oddesy updates please. Either way I will still go.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:47 PM   #14
GFLPraxis
macrumors 604

What time does the party begin and end, out of curiosity?
16 GB iPhone
GFLPraxis is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:17 AM   #15
GFLPraxis
macrumors 604

Wait, there's other MR-ers in Spokane? Sweet!

The Northtown Best Buy is near my house- they just got Apple products and a lot of the staff are still learning how to use them, I've been, well, informally training some on occasion . I worked at the downtown CompUSA at one point, they've got the best selection of Apple products and a cool Apple rep.

Pick your favorite. Best Buy would be easiest for me but I could meet at either.

I've been to MacOdyssey in CDA, cool place, but I've only been there once because I'm not out there often. I'm pretty sure I sent some customers over there though back when I worked at Comp.
16 GB iPhone
GFLPraxis is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2007, 01:47 PM   #16
Durendal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFLPraxis View Post
Wait, there's other MR-ers in Spokane? Sweet!

The Northtown Best Buy is near my house- they just got Apple products and a lot of the staff are still learning how to use them, I've been, well, informally training some on occasion . I worked at the downtown CompUSA at one point, they've got the best selection of Apple products and a cool Apple rep.

Pick your favorite. Best Buy would be easiest for me but I could meet at either.

I've been to MacOdyssey in CDA, cool place, but I've only been there once because I'm not out there often. I'm pretty sure I sent some customers over there though back when I worked at Comp.
You live near the Northtown BB? The Spokane Valley Mac Odyssey is much closer, but probably not as well-known as the one in CdA. You guys could go to BB or Comp, but really, are they going to have much in the way of festivities? We're planning on doing a release party that goes late into the night with some live music, food, and other fun stuff. We should have a more solid plan on Monday.
Durendal is offline   0
Old Oct 19, 2007, 02:26 PM   #17
GFLPraxis
macrumors 604

Oooh. Live music and food? Count me in, I doubt Best Buy and Comp are going to have much of anything.
16 GB iPhone
GFLPraxis is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Leopard Event Meetups