Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ds252

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
click the top song so its highlighted then scroll to your bottom song hold shift and click it. Then right click one of the many highlighted songs and click uncheck.

grantdoug

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2009
<COMMAND> Uncheck - Beware...

My family shares a near-Terabyte iTunes library on share.

My playlists always use a "base" smartplaylist with stuff I don't like filtered out (unchecked songs, podcasts, ebooks, single star ratings, played in last 90 days etc.).

So, I have major time invested in check / uncheck. I use the COMMAND function, and want to share a caution. Yes, it is very useful. But warning - iTunes has no UNDO with this. (Bad, bad Apple developer... go to room room without dinner.) :mad:

If you use COMMAND with ratings, check / uncheck, extensively as I do (so I don't have to listen to songs that my kids like, without actually deleting them from the library), beware the COMMAND- check/uncheck. Do it wrong, you'll lose all the checks or unchecks, or anything else you mass-change with it.

My suggestions... before you mess with COMMAND multi-selection (use them in any combination)

1. Never, never mess with COMMAND function when viewing your entire music library! Do it against searched lists or playlists ONLY
  2. Make a smart playlist of the unchecked songs, then save that to a 'real' playlist
  3. Backup your library
  4. If you use Time Machine, you can recover the library, but that's a hassle. Just use it on subsets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.